Life Technologies is committed to producing websites and web resources that can be accessed by all users. This page outlines some of the features that have been incorporated into this site in order to comply with WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) wherever possible.
All pages on this site have been checked against the WCAG priority compliance checklist for W3C accessibility standards. There may be some elements of the site where full priority compliance has not been possible but we are working to ensure that these elements can be brought up to standard in the future.
Current Standards Compliance
The majority of pages on this site comply with all Priority 1 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
On this website:
- All non-text elements have a text alternative.
- Information conveyed with color is also available without color.
- HTML rendered without associated style sheets is still possible to read.
- We aim to ensure that equivalents for dynamic content are updated when the dynamic content changes.
- For data tables, we have identified row and column headers.
- The majority of stylesheets used on this site validate to the W3C CSS standard.
- Links in the site have been given a tab index order access to each link. The order for tab indexing in a page is as follows:
- Header navigation
- Main navigation
- Breadcrumb navigation
- Sub-section navigation
- Content links
- If you need to change the size of the text on the page, most internet browsers will allow users to change the font size. Please note you may have to refresh your browser or reload the page for text size changes to take effect.
- Where required, links have title attributes that describe the link in greater detail. Links to external sites will open in a new tab or window.
- Documents in this site are PDFs and require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view, available as a free download here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/